Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chili Cheese Cups

This meal is one of our easiest meals that can be made even easier when you're in a time crunch and have a little extra money. Here's the ingredient list: Biscuit batter chili cheese That's it! Put the biscuit batter in greased muffin cup, top each with a spoonful of chili and sprinkle with cheese. Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes and you're good to go. Pair it with some carrot sticks to make sure you get your veggies in. The CHEAPEST option of this recipe is to make the biscuits and chili from scratch. I'm not a chili maker, so I spend the buck fifty and buy the canned stuff. I LOVE using coupons and matching them with sales, but I have yet to find any chili coupons. So when chili goes on sale, I buy a bunch and then have them on hand so I can always make these. I had a recipe that I used to always use for my biscuits, but they were a little salty...so I'm not going to post it here. You can go to allrecipies.com and find a goood one, though. My local Kroger store often has pilsbury biscuits on sale for $1.00 a can. I now combine those sales with coupons that I get online. My Kroger store will double coupons. So, for example, if I have a coupon for 30 cents off two cans, I get both cans for $1.40 or 70 cents each. Depending on the size of your family, you probably just need to use one can of biscuits (70 cents), one can of chili ($1.50) and about 50 cents worth of cheese and another 50 cents worth of carrot sticks. Have some refrigerated tap water as a beverage and you've just fed your whole family for $3.20. Less if you made the biscuits and chili on your own, but for $3.20, I sometimes just like to save the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment