Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good clean savings...

Hygiene can be really expensive...unless you know how to be frugal about it! 

Here are a couple of tips:

1.  To save 50% on shampoo, simply wash your hair every other day.  It's better for your hair, anyway.  I haven't always believed that, but my hair has adjusted.  I have naturally curly hair and often put a lot of product in my hair.  So on the days that I don't wash it, I just rinse it and it works fine.  I don't have any build-up issues.

2.  Pampered chef sells a suds pump for less than $10.  It is intended for dish soap, but I use it for my kid's body wash/shampoo.  What you do is put a couple tablespoons of soap into this bottle (the lines are marked on the bottle) and then fill it the rest of the way up with water. It comes out foamy instead of in the liquid soap form.  My kids have a tendency to pour WAY too much soap onto their washcloths when they wash themselves, but with the foamy soap, they're not wasting any.  We like using the Suave brand.  Every now and then, Target will put the suave products on sale for $2.50 and then offer a $5 gift card when you buy 4.  During one of these sales, I happened to have some suave coupons and got a bunch.  Combined with the suds pump thing, I think we've got a five year supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment